|Home » |
Big Red Peg Auburn Wig
This Big Red Peg Wig is the perfect accessory for your 80's housewife, Peg Bundy or drag queen look! Great for Halloween, costume parties or a fun night out on the town!
Big Red Peg Auburn Wig
100% synthetic fiber
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 8 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 8 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
3 of 4 found the following review helpful:
The wig needed a lot of workJun 27, 2012
My review is almost an exact duplicate of everything Julia had to say in hers (http://www.amazon.com/review/RMGM4NONJ390T/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002HIL8Y0&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=)
I had to put SEVERAL hours of work into the wig. The bump is really high (like Amy Winehouse beehive heights) and I had to cinch and staple it together from the inside to get it down to a reasonable size. The hair on the top of the wig is a fried rat's nest of synthetic hair. I'm guessing it's this way to make sure that the netting is covered because there aren't a lot of hair strands on the top.
I've worked with women's wigs before, and here's what I did to make this wig presentable:
1. Wash the wig in Woolite. This is a drag queen tip to get rid of any smells the wig may be holding. Use a little bit of conditioner in the wig to make the hair really easy to detangle. Do not rinse the conditioner out. Dry the wig using a standard towel (do not use a blow dryer because most wigs are basically plastic and will melt).
2. Put the wig on a styrofoam wig head and pin it in place. I have a bench where I clamp the wig head to the table to make styling easier.
3. Using a flat iron on MEDIUM heat, straighten the damp hair, one inch wide portions at a time. With the hair wet and the flat iron at a medium heat, the hair won't melt. If you're fast like me, you could even put the flat iron on high. This makes the hair silky smooth and will make it easier to curl in the next step.
4. Curling Iron or rollers? You decide. I used a curling iron on low heat. Curl the hair in at least a one inch diameter curling iron, or the curls will be too tight and you'll look like a toddler pageant queen. When you release the hair from the curing iron, try to maintain the curl (don't let it fall) and hairspray it. If you use rollers, you can just spray it while it's on the rollers. By the time you're done, it should look like it's in invisible rollers. Make sure your curls go in the same direction Peggy Bundy's do.
5. Wait at least one hour for everything to dry. GENTLY brush the curls out. If you're not gentle, you'll lose your volume, and will have to re-do them. You might even find it easier to brush the curls out by hand.
6. Hairspray the ever-loving crap out of it! It should be a helmet of hair. Forget about the environment - beauty is pain.
If you do it correctly, you'll have a lovely wig.
2 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Made it workNov 01, 2011
By Julia W.
I bought this for a Peg Bundy costume. Honestly, it needs a lot of work out of the package. It's very out of control and nothing like the picture. The bump is way too high. I had to push it way down, which created a dent, but I was able to cover it with the massive amount of hair. I then had to use curlers for the bangs to make them curl under. After putting it on, i had to keep smoothing it down and twisting it in sections to keep it from being so out of control. On the plus side, it is quality feeling hair and the color was close to what was pictured. It ended up being a BIG hit and looking really good, but with a lot of work.
Nothing like coverOct 18, 2013
I should of read the reviews before buying. The wig is more like a beehive like previously stated and the bangs are a mess. The color was nothing like what the cover showed either. I am supposed to use this for Peg Bundy and it looks nothing like her hair. The wig I had was damaged. the messy bangs were all singed.
Poor quality, conehead bumpMar 05, 2013
This wig was very disappointing, as it was more like low-grade string than hair. The "bump" in the back was shaped like a cone, so your head looked ridiculous
very good productFeb 20, 2013
It was a fun peice to wear to a costume party It was well made...I would order again..thanks again.Good color
See all 8 customer reviews on Amazon.com